Was pulled over for a DUI


“I was pulled over for DUI. What chance will I have with DMV to let me work during working hours. I heard there is an automatic 30 days suspension. I’m old and do not wish to give the City I work for a reason to fire me. Yes, I need an attorney…”

At this point, you would need your lawyer to request a “stay” on the administrative per se suspension and/or otherwise set the matter for a license suspension hearing to contest it. If we lose the suspension hearing, then we have to suffer 30 days of a “hard suspension”, but after that the DMV should grant you a restricted license (to go to work, etc) so long as you pay fees and submit the DMV’s “SR-22” form (an insurance certificate).